Today Robinson and I were driving to town. As we passed the Bible Baptist church, I checked out their sign as is custom (I find what they have to say fascinating, although a little misguided) and laughed.

Their sign read, "THE EARTH IS YOUR MOTHER. YOUR MOTHER IS DIRT."

Okay...?

I found this entire argument rather ridiculous because according to the Bible, God made man out of dirt, dust, or clay depending on the translation (Genesis 2:7). If we take this literally, then we are made of dirt, too. We are made of earth, our Mother.

This sign was supposed to make people like me upset, but really, all it did was give me a bad case of the giggles. I guess keeping your humor when it comes to religion is never a bad thing.

On another note, I love that it's raining outside. The sound is so soothing. Enjoy the spring.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 10:04 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: