Breakfast.

Brings up a whole slew of images, doesn't it?

While I prefer bacon (or sausage), scrambled eggs, and hash browns with a hot cup of tea on the side for my morning meal, I can't justify eating that hearty breakfast every single day. (As much as I might like to.)

I don't consume as many breads and carbs as I used to and often I am too busy to bake anything for a week-day breakfast anyway. I'm not a fan of oatmeal and since I've pretty much stopped drinking milk, I don't tend to have cold cereal.

Ugh.

Some mornings I just have a cheese stick wrapped in deli meat. No joke.

But I'm always up for a bit of an experiment and I thought I could somehow incorporate more Greek yogurt (which I love) into my diet.

Enter the smoothie. I have these at least twice a week now. Sometimes there's enough to make popsicles for the boys.

On the Menu: Fruit Smoothies
Makes 2-3 medium servings or 4 small servings

1/2 cup fruit juice*
1 cup Greek yogurt (I like Fage)
2 bananas
2 cups frozen fruit**
1 tbs ground flax seed (opt)

Combine ingredients in blender and blend to desired consistency.

* (100% fruit with no added sugars - I've used grape, orange, pomegranate, pineapple and they all make delicious smoothies!)

** You can use fresh fruit as well, but if you do throw in a few ice cubes.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 11:05 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: