Have you ever heard of a capsule wardrobe?

Me, either.

The idea is pretty simple: your wardrobe is built around a limited number of pieces (usually around 40), including shoes. Everything within your capsule should be interchangeable in order to maximize your wardrobe. 

An interesting idea, certainly, but does it actually work? 

I've been wanting to get rid of extra stuff for a while now. I have things sitting in my closet that I never wear, I have things in storage that I don't use or need, I have papers and books that I don't read. 

Robinson and I both cleaned out our closet several months ago and I did it again recently, getting rid of another garbage bag of clothes. 

I pared down my wardrobe to about 60 pieces per season, which is a far cry from what capsuling is all about, but it's a start. I'm curious to see whether or not this little experiment works. Can I survive a winter with fewer clothes?

Blessed be. 


This entry was posted on 12:42 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: