Arthur has been begging for snow for the last few weeks. He's worried that there won't be any snow for Christmas.

Lucky for him, it snowed on Friday. By Saturday morning, we had received about 8 inches of thick, white powder. He spent the whole day playing outside, scooping snow with his shovel into a large mound in order to build a snow den. Even Balin, my indoor kid, spent some time helping him with his green excavator. 

Their outdoor adventures remind me of the fun my sisters and I had when we were kids. I told Arthur and Balin of the time when there happened to be a large hole in the side of the snow pile across the street. We used it as a hideout or cave, sometimes pretending we were polar bears. These are the times of my childhood that I remember best: being outside in imaginative, creative play. These are the times I hope my boys remember, too. 

What are the times you remember? Did you play outside? What did you do?

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 11:20 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: