There are days that I seem to inhale all the world's problems and grief. I do nothing but process these feelings. It doesn't actually help; rather, everything seems more depressed.

Today is a difficult day for me. I can't seem to think about anything without wanting to cry. I force the tears back and - even if I did shed them - would it actually help? Would it be cathartic or would I feel more hopeless and frustrated that I can't do anything to alleviate the suffering in the world?

The older I become, the more I realize the power of breath. I am alive because I breathe and I breathe because I am alive. I shed tears because of the suffering around me, but that does not mean that I shouldn't stop my breath.

So today I will feel this pain and anguish for a while longer until the Universe takes it from me. I will meditate upon where there is breath, there is hope.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 10:02 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: