It's been pretty chilly here lately. Down to -30F a few days ago. Our bird feeder's been vacant for about 2 weeks now. Luckily we saw a mother moose and a baby moose walking on the Chena River last weekend. I think Arthur was getting upset by the lack of wildlife in our yard.

I did, however, get some very nice comments by two other walkers at the Big Dipper; one this week and one last week. Both times they said the same thing: "You're a good mother." The first compliment was right after Arthur started making a huge fuss because he did not want to leave. It was right in front of a crowd of people. I was able to reason with him and averted a tantrum. The second compliment was today. I'm not sure exactly why this woman thought I was a good mother, but maybe she saw me holding Arthur up to the drinking fountains or running laps with him.

Anyway, it's funny. I wouldn't have thought motherhood would be the greatest job I could ever had (and who knew I'd actually be GOOD at it?), but I really do enjoy it. It's tough sometimes, but it's worth it.


This entry was posted on 3:34 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: