I am not the best person at finishing projects. Ask anyone. It took me 6 years to finish a Master's degree, for Goddess sake. I have bins of fabric and about half of those are filled with half-made quilts, clothes, or miscellaneous sewing projects.

Needless to say, it's so refreshing to finally be able to declare: "I'M DONE!"

Robinson and I finished Arthur's closet this weekend. It was a pretty involved process, considering we didn't do anything with it when we first remodeled Arthur's room. So it sat, looking like this for a couple of years.

Beautiful, right? Hardly. It was a blight on the room. The worst part was that it was crammed full of all of Arthur's stuff, without any sort of order because, well, I had always thought that we'd finish it a lot sooner than we did. (And, of course, we didn't.) So it sat and sat waiting to be completed. Begging us, maybe.



It must be the excitement of starting something new and the tediousness of continuing it that makes me take so long in getting these sorts of projects accomplished. I really can finish things when push comes to shove, as shown here. This is Arthur's new closet and I must admit, Robinson and I did a dang good job. I still have no idea how we're going to close it off (or if we're going to close it off), but for now I simply admire the organized space.

Besides, Spring Equinox is coming up. Time to get these cramped, cluttered spaces clean and ready for summer!

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 9:25 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: