Yesterday my baby turned one. We didn't have a party because I had to rush to a board meeting, but since he was only turning one, I felt that he'd understand. (Though he did throw a fit as I was leaving and I think that was because I was leaving, not because we weren't having a party.)

I was a little worried about how Arthur would react to see Balin getting all the attention, gifts, and special cake. Apparently, Jade, Arthur's first and probably best friend, did not do so well at her younger brother's first birthday back in January. Amanda captured it all in one photograph: Jade reaching for the cake and frowning, the beginning of tears in her eyes. Poor girl. It was hard not to laugh.

Arthur, however, did fine. He helped Balin unwrap his gifts, ate cake, sang "Happy Birthday", and wore his newspaper hat the whole time (and this boy hates to dress up). Balin loved the cake and played with some of his new toys. It was very peaceful compared to Arthur's first birthday. I could tell that Arthur is more than ready for his birthday, which is less than a month.

Happy birthday, my dear, sweet baby. You bring such joy to my life. Your laugh is infectious and your personality is so bright. You will become such a loving and caring individual. I can't hug you enough.

Love, Mom

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 9:13 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: