It's that time again...berry picking time!

Blueberries, specifically.

And we LOVE our blueberries. The boys could eat them on their own; I prefer them in something, such as muffins or pancakes.

Arthur was interested in supervising. He'd walk from Robinson to me back to Robinson all the while saying, "Look how many blueberries I have in my bucket...I need a new patch...No, Balin, don't eat all the blueberries! We need to save them for the winter." Given enough incentive, Arthur picked quite a few berries. Those were usually eaten or "saved" (and then forgotten) for later.

Balin would constantly try to steal blueberries from my bucket. He also had a difficult time navigating through bushes and walking on the uneven ground so he fell often. He nearly upturned my blueberry bucket a couple of times. Since we picked so late, he was always a touch crabby. I tried to keep him happy by plying him with blueberries. For the most part, it worked.  

It took us four evening trips to get almost 2 gallons of blueberries. With the distance to the blueberry patches and cost of gas what it is, it doesn't seem like it would have been worth it. Still, the lovely weather and the fun memories more than made up for it.

Someday these boys will be expert pickers.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 10:14 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: