Dear Arthur,

Today you begin an incredible journey.

You start school.

Today you start learning about respect toward your peers, words, new games and songs. You will develop a strong foundation and scholastic excellence. You will begin to become a boy and am no longer my baby.

I am tearing up as I write this, not because I miss the baby that you were, but because I am anxious to see the boy (and then the man) that you will become. I am tearing up because you have taught me so much and I hope that I have taught you a few things, too. I am tearing up because I am so full of love for you that I can't articulate it. I need to show it.

Learn a lot. Be brave. Have a great year. I will always be waiting for you when you get out of school to give you a hug and ask you how class was.

Love, Mommy

Blessed be.  


This entry was posted on 6:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: