I have mixed feelings about going grey. On one hand, I have to accept that I'm getting older and that eventually I will perish. Not anytime soon (I hope), but it's becoming clear that I am simply mortal and my time is fixed.

On the other hand, I relish in the fact that I am getting older. I know a little something about life. I feel a little wiser and I've had enough amazing experiences to be satisfied if I died presently.

I can safely say that I am comfortable with death. It doesn't make me any less afraid of what is after or distressed if there isn't an after. This doesn't mean that I now what happens when you die; I don't. I am still ignorant about that fact.

Life and death are a balance. You can't have one without the other. So, my friends, enjoy those experiences while you can. Be brave. Experiment. Have adventures. Live with little regret. Cherish loved ones. Above all, be happy. Be fulfilled. If you aren't these things, what kind of life are you living?

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 11:24 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: