Arthur starts school next Tuesday. School supplies have been bought and left in his locker. His first week menu has been planned. His bus ride has been scheduled. It's all become so real. I've been excited for this day for five years and I find myself - surprisingly - a bit sad. 

A part of me simply cannot believe my eldest boy is five and ready for this new adventure. A part of me is thrilled that he will be meeting new friends and learning so much more. A part of me is afraid for him. I worry about bullies and his emotional state.  

Tonight as I sit here I think that I would like nothing more but to climb into bed with him and snuggle with my dear, sweet baby - my big boy now. He's becoming a person, with his own personality, hopes, dreams. He's expressive, brilliant, and imaginative.  I hope his teacher and his classmates can see that, too.

Love it or hate it, school is life-changing on so many levels. I wonder how Balin will react to his missing brother and all of this extra attention from me. I wonder how Arthur will react to his newfound freedom. I wonder what new doors will open for me.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 9:06 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: