Things have been rather busy here lately.

Well, not here. At the farm. My father is preparing to return to Alaska. Since Gloria intends to move into the farmhouse within the next few months, the whole place needs to be cleaned. Furniture needs to be sold. Items needs to be packed away.

All of this, of course, is something I am willing to do. I like being helpful and - given that I am such a nosy person - I like looking through other people's things, especially stuff that's been packed away for so long. It becomes a kind of treasure hunt.

My father, however, has a nasty habit of changing his plans. Quite frequently, actually.

This trip, which was supposed to keep us at the farm for only a couple of days, ended up keeping us here for a full week.

By the time Friday rolled around, the boys and I were more than ready to get back to Beloit and I'm pretty sure Dad was more than happy to sit in peace and quiet at the Amtrak station for a few hours.

Whew. This has been a really long summer.

Blessed be.




This entry was posted on 12:49 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: