Today was a bit of a surprise. 

One of the support staff at Arthur's school called, telling us they had room in their dual language immersion program. She asked if we would like to place Arthur in the program. I told her we would talk to Arthur about it.

He gave us a resounding "YES!!!" so I filled out the application and sent it back to the school.

He's awfully excited. He came home from his first day in the program telling us that he "needs a few more days before he can understand Spanish" and "When I grow up, I want to be a Spanish teacher."

It pleases me that my boys are excited to learn about different cultures and people and are not intimidated by new experiences. It reminds me of my own childhood and growing up in a place that was so unlike mainstream America. 

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 1:33 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: