Dear Fairbanks Friends:

Today you were missed more than you know.

I have been in Beloit for more than a year now and yet, the irony is that I feel more isolated here than I did in Alaska. 

I miss the shared secrets, the play-dates. I yearn for the days I knew Arthur's friend's parents. I miss feeding you and entertaining you. I miss the birthday parties and the bonfires. I miss craft nights.

Where have I gone wrong? I wonder. Is it me? Or is it that life is so much bigger here that I'm just lost in a sea of people?

Today was an emotional disaster. My heart ached so terribly I went for a walk and found myself in the middle of a nearby cornfield, crying. 

It was then I stumbled upon a golf ball. 

Despite my fragile emotional state, I chuckled. This golf ball is me. We're both lost, floating in a vast space, without ties or contacts. 

The truth is, as excited as I am to have Balin in school, I am worried, too. I am afraid that without my only link to my friends here, I will become more isolated. I will write and I will quilt and I will do hundreds of other little things but I will do these things alone.

I miss that life, the one filled with all of you. If I could have taken all of you with me, I would have.

Love, Bobbi

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 12:26 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: