Last night, some girlfriends and I went out. We got pedicures. We ate sushi for dinner. We talked. Later, I discovered something that - while it didn't necessarily shock or surprise me - made me sad nonetheless. 

As I pulled into the driveway, I realized I hadn't checked the mail today. As I pulled it out of the box - ad, thank you letter, another ad, wedding invitation - it occurred to me that tonight was all about beginnings and endings. 

One couple ends their relationship. Another begins theirs. 

How do we know when it's time to end a relationship? I asked Robinson after I got home. My parents probably shouldn't be together and yet they still are. 

Is it because people don't embrace change?

Is it because we think our children would be better as pawns in a bad relationships than separated as a family? 

Is it because we develop some kind of mediocrity to our lives? 

I don't know. All I do know is that if it ever ended, I hope we could be adults about it. 

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 3:59 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: