May is my three-year anniversary of moving to Wisconsin. A part of me celebrates because a lot of good things have happened to us since we've been here, but there's another part of me that still misses Alaska.

I grew up there, spent most of my life there, so it isn't easy for me to move on. This summer, the boys and I will be going up to Anchorage and Fairbanks where we will be reunited with my sisters and mother, along with many, many friends. It's going to be fun and a little intimidating to finally witness how much Anchorage has continued to grow in my absence.

We'll be hiking Crow's Pass - my sisters and a friend and I. I'm excited to get back on the trail with a pack on my back and nothing but the world in front of me. I always feel like Perry or Henson, explorers without limits, without fear, just me and my pack and the world under my feet. The terrain is familiar there, and welcoming.

We have a countdown on our calendar. The boys check it once a week to mark off the days that have passed and count the remaining days. They are excited to spend time with their Nana and their cousins and aunties. I am excited to spend time with friends and hang out with my sisters. We have already scheduled yoga classes and cycling classes at a local yoga studio. 

My mom has already told me she plans on taking some half days (because she cannot take off a whole day - what if someone needs her at work?) and we will go shopping together. 

What are you summer plans? Are you traveling? Camping? Hiking? Hanging out with friends? Whatever you are doing, enjoy yourself!

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 1:14 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: