Our toilet, in general, is pretty unreliable. There's just insufficient water pressure to push and slide all the waste down.

Josh and my dad are visiting.

I think you can see where this is going.

Yesterday Josh flushed and then flushed again right away, causing the toilet to overflow. He started to scream and my dad came rushing up the stairs to see what was going on. Dirty water was everywhere. It had even started to leech out onto the carpet. For the next hour, my dad and I tried to figure out how to unplug the clog. Then I got online and discovered the Dawn and hot water trick, which - amazingly! - solved the problem.

For those of you who don't know, you put some Dawn in the toilet, let it sit for a while, then heat up a big pot of water and pour it down the toilet. Then plunge like mad.

Then we ran out of water.

So I write this blog this morning trying to keep laughing about the entire situation. The bathroom is off limits so all bowel movements have to be made outside, so it's really hard not to get a little down about the situation. It's tough not being able to keep ahead of the dishes (I've been doing the dishes in the morning just to keep them from piling up).

Still, when life gives you poopy water, sometimes the only thing you can do is dump it out and laugh about it. So, people, just laugh about it.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 9:40 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: