When Robinson told me that he'd be taking Arthur with him to Valdez, I was so excited. I thought for sure I'd be able to have a nice, quiet weekend to finish cutting all my fabric scraps and maybe even get some quilting done. I have a baby quilt that has just been sitting here since May or June (I honestly can't remember), waiting to be quilted.

Then Arthur didn't go. So he and I have spent Labor Day weekend together. Being a stay-at-home mom I spend everyday with him, so a few more wouldn't really make a difference, but I will readily admit that I had many moments when I wished that I was alone. Well, just me and my sewing machine. I fantasized about taking numerous naps, eating candy without having to hide it, and maybe even getting some take-out.

Still, I did take several naps, ate candy after Arthur went to bed, and went out with a friend for Chinese, so I suppose I really did accomplish all of those things I set out to do if I was alone anyway. I even canned 11 jars of rhubarb-strawberry preserves. Perhaps now that Arthur's in bed I'll be able to work a bit more on cutting all of my fabric scraps. It's quite the job. I'm about half-way through and sometimes I feel as though I'll never finish. But I will!

Hope you had a productive (or relaxing) Labor Day weekend.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 9:33 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: