Last year, I didn't do anything with the arugula I planted. It just took up space in the garden. This year, I was determined to make something - anything - out of it.

I did some research and discovered that people actually make pesto out of arugula (which isn't very surprising since I've made pesto out of basil and spinach before), so I decided to give it a shot.

I found a Martha Stewart recipe and modified it. The resulting pesto was pretty yummy. Even Arthur enjoyed it.

Arugula Pesto
Makes about 1 cup pesto; about 2-4 servings
2 cups arugula, packed
1/4 cup walnut oil + 1/4 cup olive oil (or 1/2 cup olive oil)
2 tbs. walnuts
1/4 Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
1/2 tsp. sea salt, or more to taste

Place all ingredients in blender, blend until smooth.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 6:45 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: