Every year since we've been married, Robinson and I pick out one significant event that happened over the course of the year and make a Christmas tree ornament to commemorate it. Our first year of marriage, our tree was completely bare except for two small ornaments. Now our tree is covered with fun memories of years past.

This year, I chose to remember my grandmother, but I wasn't sure how I was going to do it. I thought about getting a nice frame and choosing a favorite picture, but then I took apart one of the Hallmark ornaments my mom got me last year and used that. My grandmother loved to garden and loved her birds (particularly the cardinals). I glued a picture of her at Camp Byron (her favorite place to be) in the back. It's one of the nicest ornaments I've ever made, in all honesty.

What's your most significant event of the past year?

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 9:49 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: