For two nights, Balin and Arthur both slept until about 7:30. It was wonderful. Robinson and I easily got lulled into a false sense of security, believing that we had finally come to the point where our children would "sleep in."

Little did we realize that our children were evil geniuses who were probably just playing practical jokes on us. For almost the past week these kids have been waking up at 5:30, bright-eyed and ready to start the day.

I'm not sure who is waking up first. If it's Balin there's not much we can do other than not go in until after 6am, and if it is Arthur, we can only hope that he stays quiet until Balin wakes up. Either way, I don't count on either of us getting much sleeping in time in the near future.

I suppose that's the draw back of having two kids in a small house. Someday we won't be able to get them to go to sleep or wake up in time for school. When my sisters and I stayed up half the night giggling we probably drove my parents crazy, too. Life is circular like that.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 8:01 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: