Dear Arthur,

This year you decided to have a big party at Chena Hot Springs and go swimming there. Since this would be your last party with all of your Fairbanks friends, we agreed.

You wanted to have sandwiches and chips with carrot cake and homemade vanilla ice cream for dessert.

It was a fun party. First you and your friends swam in the pool. Then you had lunch. Then you opened presents and had cake and ice cream. After that, you and your friends played at the playground and explored the surrounding area. The weather was pretty nice considering there was still so much snow on the ground. It was a lovely spring day.

This party, while amazingly fun, saddened me. I will miss your friends (and my friends) so much. Perhaps we will go up to Fairbanks someday and visit everyone.
 
 I hope that the next year brings you happiness, my dear boy. Sometimes I have trouble relating to you because you are so much like me. I see so much of myself in you and I may criticize you, but I still love you, faults and all. You are my firstborn and as such, you will always hold a special place in my heart.

Love, Mommy

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 10:16 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: