Moving. We are moving.

Sometimes it hasn't quite sunk in that pretty soon we will be on a plane to Chicago. About 2 1/2 weeks, in fact.

I've been making headway on cleaning out the garage. About 10 boxes have already been packed, mostly with books, puzzles, and games. Nothing we can't live without for a few months. I've bought packaging tape and consolidating packaging supplies. I've even started gathering together picture frames and piling them together. I've even (sob!) gotten rid of most of my sewing supplies and fabric.

Craigslist has been a really good means to get rid of this excess stuff. I don't mind fielding the calls and meeting odd people for the exchanging of goods. I do mind that most people seem to be rather flaky when it comes to picking up their stuff. And that makes me irritated because I don't have a lot of time left here and Craigslist is not Robinson's thing. He just barely tolerates Craigslist and the people who frequent it. Don't get me wrong - he has many other wonderful qualities that I love, but he's no help in the unloading of our stuff via Craigslist.

Our phone and email was ringing all afternoon and evening from people calling to ask questions about our merchandise and to make arrangements to pick it up. I'd say about 50% of our stuff disappeared. The rest is in limbo...waiting to go to homes because, well, people are flaky.

The garage is starting to look emptier. At least I have that.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 10:11 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: