"Why are you guys on a diet? You're like the thinnest people in Wisconsin!" Dad exclaimed as he took another sip of beer. Oh, temptation. A drink would have been nice, but my choice of beverage would have been hard cider, not beer. 

Robinson and I decided to go on South Beach again. Today is the one week mark of Phase One. Only one more week to go and we can once again incorporate fruits and carbs back into our diet, albeit in limited quantities. 

He's convinced he looks like he's pregnant. I'm still trying to get some semblance of a pre-baby body back (who knew skin could stretch like that?). South Beach had worked for us the first time around, so we decided to try again.

It hasn't been that bad for me, but I have had some uncontrollable cravings for (of all things) fruit. My boys love fruit and they often have an apple or kiwi for an afternoon snack when Arthur gets home from school. It's all I can do to keep myself from reaching for that apple and eating it with a large piece of cheese. Next week, I remind myself. Next week.

I feel like I'm thinning out but I didn't weigh myself before starting South Beach. I'll have to guess. Pilates and biking has given me some lovely legs and toned my arms, but under my saggy belly there's a six-pack, I swear! 

It sounds like I'm hard on myself. I am. I'll always be a bit hard on myself because my expectations are so high. Looking back at how South Beach made me feel, I loved it and I think it's time to do it again.

Blessed be.



This entry was posted on 11:40 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: