Normally I don't quilt much in the summer. My time is dedicated to other things: gardening, hiking, traveling, canning, food preservation.

It gets unbearably humid here in Wisconsin (some of you may laugh but where I come from, I don't wake up in the mornings feeling sticky) - so much so that it's tempting to stay inside and sew. It doesn't help when you peruse through quilt books in your spare time. Or when your Aunt Joyce sends up some quilt blocks that she picked up at a sock hop but she'll never finish. Or when your sister tells you she wants to make a quilt this year. Or when a friend announces she's due in November. Nope, nope, nope. None of these things help.

So, I've been sneaking in bits of quilting time here and there. Each time it's as if I'm reacquainting myself with an old friend: we pick up right where we left off.

I often wonder if I'll actually make all the quilts I intend to. It takes time, money, planning, effort. Often I'll throw myself into three or four projects at once without a second thought. Maybe that isn't the best way of doing things (it certainly isn't the best way to complete my projects!) but having multiple things to work on allows me to move from project to project. As I get bored with one block, I can move to another.

I have something to look forward to, don't I?

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 6:30 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: