On Friday, I bought some curl enhancer.

This seems like such a small detail, an insignificant part of my life, but it isn't. My hair (which has never really behaved) had become so unmanageable from the humidity that I had to get something to somewhat tame it.

So I have curls: soft, wavy thick ringlets that bounce and hover about my face.

There wasn't enough moisture in the Alaskan air to achieve such curls.

But there were other things that - for some reason - I hopelessly miss today.

I miss the mountains.

I miss eating good Chinese food.

I miss my funny-looking house, filled with my things.

I miss hiking with my friends.

Why is this so painful?

It's a rhetorical question, of course. I don't have an answer.

This is not to say that Wisconsin isn't a nice place. There's cheese. Brats. Some family. Arthur loves his school and is excelling in Spanish and English. Pilates. Biking. (And I have bouncy hair!)

Today I am not so happy.

I hope I will be happier tomorrow.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 8:29 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Robinson Duffy said...

    For what it's worth…I love your bouncy hair!

  1. ... on June 29, 2015 at 9:12 AM