As I chased Arthur around Thursday, my eyes kept trailing back to my unkempt flower bed. The stone wall lay half finished (since last year) and the bed needed a good weeding. For the longest time, I hadn't even planted the irises I bought at the Turner Plant Sale. I resolved then and there to finish the flower bed this weekend.

Surprise, surprise! I actually did!

The new flower bed really spruces up the yard. Once I was finished, though, I felt like the flower bed still needed something, so Robinson and I dragged some rocks across the yard and tossed them onto the empty part of the bed in the front. I'm really impressed with the way it turned out, and I'm hoping that the added mulch cuts down on the weeds. Our yard's already full of them, but I'd like to keep them from choking the flowers.

I'm thinking about expanding it next year. There's a really nice circular shape next to the current bed that would make a great addition. Maybe put some more rocks in it and some annuals...well, I have a whole other year to think about it.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 11:05 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: