Sharply exhaling harsh breath,
From ice fog, thick, unyielding.
Snow packed upon the ground,
Why do I yearn for thee?

Yesterday, as I was driving to Robinson's office to pick him up after work, I found myself wishing that it was the middle of December. I laughed to myself...why would anyone in the middle of a beautiful Alaskan summer, wish something dreadful like that?

Lately, I've been feeling so busy that, in retrospect, I think I wanted it to be winter to have a break. Winter is a time for hibernation, a time to sleep, and maybe catch up on a few indoor projects...I yearned for that simplicity. Due to all the light, I become much more active in the summer and tend to spread myself too thin by getting involved in too many projects and too many activities. I plan so many things it becomes a bit overwhelming trying to implement them all. Even though I get cabin fever during the winter, there's something to be said about just staying home, sipping a mug of hot chocolate, and watching the snow fall outside.

I suppose I'll have to spend some time soaking in the sun so that I'll remember it at Yule.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 9:05 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: