Arthur's three favorite things in life are airplanes, cars, and dogs. Although Robinson and I can't really get him an airplane or a car, we can, however, get him a dog. Or hundreds of dogs.

On Sunday, we participated in the Mutt March, a fund-raiser for the local animal shelter. Every year, dog owners and their dogs walk through the streets of Fairbanks, along with several (friendly) shelter dogs and volunteers. The shelter dogs wear bright orange vests that say, "Adopt me!" (But much to Arthur's disappointment we didn't follow through.)

It was a beautiful day outside, but hot - way too hot for a few of the poor dogs. We saw several pups who badly needed some water. Unfortunately, my sandal broke early in the mile-long walk, and I had to finish barefoot. The hot pavement was pretty unpleasant, so by the time I reached Pioneer Park, my feet ached. I'm surprised I didn't have more blisters than I did.

Still, it was a fun experience. Robinson and I have never really had an excuse to participate in a lot of the local activities before Arthur. It's kind of nice to all of a sudden be part of a community.


This entry was posted on 9:36 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: