Yesterday was a really great day. It was the first day in a long time that Arthur wasn't crabby and that I didn't feel tired of dealing with him. The weather was also beautiful, which probably had something to do with it.

We went to the park and met up with our friends. It was nice just being able to hang out with the girls and the kids and just catch up and chat. We also did a toy swap, and Arthur received Alek's toys. He's pretty pleased with the pretend lawn mower that he's been pushing around the house. (In fact, he's so fond of it tried to take it into the turtle ball pit last night.)

After meeting our friends, we went to Once Upon a Child and I found him some hard-soled shoes and some snowpants for less than $20. Since winter clothes and kid's shoes are so expensive, I consider that a deal!

Robinson had to work late, so Arthur and I went home and spent a really quiet night playing in his new playroom. It was pretty nice. When it was time to go to bed, he didn't make a big fuss and just pretty much went right to sleep. I did the dishes, cleaned up a little, and then worked on another quilt while watching The Prestige (which was not worth the hype, by the way).

It was just nice, just to be. I thanked the Goddess profusely that night for giving me a chance to collect my thoughts and relax.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 11:05 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: