I decided not to go out on Black Friday. It wasn't a political statement; I just didn't feel like going out. Instead, I went out Saturday morning and I loved how quiet everything was. Sure, I may not have gotten the deals that everyone was after on Friday, but I still managed to save enough.

Arthur and I also went to a Friends of Creamer's Field activity this afternoon and made birdfeeders out of recycled materials. They had all kinds of materials to make feeders out of: plastic jugs, milk cartons, pretzel containers, T.P. and paper towel rolls, toast, pine cones...you name it, they probably had it.

We, however, stuck to the simplest bird feeder one can possibly make: the T.P. roll.

Step One: Remove bits of paper off roll, if necessary. Poke two holes in the top and tie ribbon in a loop over the top.

Step Two: Smear peanut butter all over T.P. roll.

Step Three: Roll in bird seed of choice.

Done.

Arthur loves watching all of the chickadees from the kitchen window and makes it a point to remind us whenever we sit down to eat to check on the birds. He'll also remind us to feed them if he thinks the birdseed looks low. I think it's great that he's fostering a love of Nature at such an early age.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 6:34 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: