Every year at Yule, Robinson and I come up with two things we'd like to do over the course of the year and then carve very, very non-descript images into our Yule log before we burn it. Usually we choose things that we'd like to improve about ourselves or our relationship with each other. In the spirit of trying to get things done with plenty of time to spare, I've been thinking about what my "Yule Resolutions" will be.

I've come up with one so far. I try to be fairly environmentally-minded, but it's hard in Alaska when your opportunities for activities such as recycling are so limited. Along these lines, I've decided to think of three things to do over the next year to be more environmentally-friendly. So far, I've come up with two.

First, I'm going to start making my own cleaning solutions (I haven't decided if this is going to extend to laundry soap, but I'm considering it). I have sensitive skin (and in the winter it becomes dry, sensitive skin) so I find that the harsh chemicals that are put into a lot of cleaners just irritate my skin. I've already come up with a great laminate cleaner: two parts vinegar, two parts water, and one part lemon juice. Mix well.

Second, I'm going to make my own menstrual pads. I should have done this years ago (but better late than never, huh?). I bought a set of GladRags years and years ago and plan to make my own using a design similar to theirs.

If we all do a little, it will make a huge difference in the end.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 9:11 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: