Today Arthur and I went to the Home Grown Market. It's a new, local market off of Geraghty. They sell mostly meats (great selection) and local produce (which isn't much now, but I anticipate that there will be more variety throughout the summer).

When I first walked in, the place smelled so amazing. It reminded me of when I was a kid, visiting Widmer's cheese factory in Wisconsin. They made their own cheese, all different kinds - including my favorite, brick. The odor of that place will forever be part of me. Home Grown Market smells the same way: so clean. I'd go back again and again just to smell the place.

The prices were a little more than I'd like to pay, but I think the quality of the meat made up for it. Their beef is grain fed and all of their animals have been slaughtered locally (except for some of their chickens - from Seattle, but no added hormones, etc.).

While I was there I thought that maybe buying less (but more expensive) meat is a good change. Maybe it's time to make more vegetarian meals.

Eat well, be well.


This entry was posted on 2:43 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: