This morning Arthur and I were watching the birdfeeder (a morning ritual) when I saw something out of the corner of my eye that wasn't a bird.

It was a vole.

A hungry, hungry vole who started fighting with the birds over the fallen birdseed. They didn't seem to want him around, but Arthur, on the other hand, loved him. The vole would run and hide in one tunnel and then pop out of another tunnel. Repeat about twenty times.

Arthur stood watching until the vole did not return.

To prove that voles are the greatest thing since sliced bread, he's even started saying the word "vole".

I hope you and your family are enjoying the first signs of (dare I say it?) spring!

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 8:35 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: