I found out some very unexpected, sad news this weekend. I found out that the lady who quilts my quilts died in late January.

It came as quite a shock, especially since I had grown so attached to her. She was like a grandmother figure and was always so helpful in picking out thread colors and patterns. She lived near my house and almost always took only a week and a half to finish my projects. She was also very reasonably priced, which was nice because my projects are almost always lap quilt sized.

I was horribly stressed about it all weekend. Even Robinson commented I was acting as though I broke up with someone.

I found someone to quilt the baby blanket I made for Becky's new baby, but I'm going to need to find a more permanent solution...there are other quilters around town, but...well...it's like any sort of professional relationship you have with a hairdresser, doctor, or nanny. You get to know them and they get to know you.

I'm hoping that this shock won't stagnate my quilt-making. I still love to do it, but a little, tiny part of me is grieving. And that sounds so silly and ridiculous, but it's true.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 4:05 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: