My boys took me to Chena Hot Springs for swimming and lunch for Mother's Day. My boys aren't really old enough to understand the significance of Mother's Day yet, and I'm secretly excited for the day when they do.

I can't wait until I receive a picture frame that they painted themselves or a lumpy clay pot or some unidentifiable object held together with too much glue.

I'm also inspired by all of the mothers I know. I raise my glass to you:

To Amanda: I admire your drive, your ambition, and your ability to say what you mean.

To Sarah: you take such good care of the people around you. I'm so blessed to be one of those people who have been on the receiving end of your care!

To Seneca: your laid-back attitude is just the thing to keep my high-strung personality in check.

To Blythe: your kindness and generosity inspires me to pay it forward. You never miss a birthday or holiday.

To Becky: I love your frequent calls, just to show you care.

To Gloria: you've treated me as a daughter, niece, and friend.

To my other mother friends (Neva, Loda, Amanda E., Claire, Kim, Sara, Linda, Gail, etc): you've all been so wonderful. It's been an absolute blessing to have you in my life. I appreciate your laughter and many kindnesses.

To my own mother: I may not always have done what you expected of me and we don't always get along, but I love you. You care deeply about me and my family and don't hesitate to show it. You've always tried to support me (even if my decisions weren't the smartest). You've given me so much and I hope that someday I can repay that.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 9:20 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: