Balin's had a cold for the past week. I took him to the doctor today and he's fine. Really, we probably didn't have to go, but since he's so young, it was better I did.

Because he's sick, he's been sleeping a bit more fitfully than he otherwise would, which is causing some sleepless nights. And since Balin's sleeping with us right now (much easier to nurse him when he's right there), it's a challenge to get a full night sleep.

I had a breakdown and spent most of the early morning crying until Robinson came downstairs to take Balin. I probably should have just asked him for help in the first place, but he's more of a bear than I am when it comes to not getting enough sleep and one of us should be getting sleep (right?).

This morning, though, Arthur, Balin, and I were playing together when Arthur started shouting, "Bugga bugga boo!" to Balin, who started to smile. Somehow seeing these two playing together made me feel a whole lot better. I'm still tired, but, well, who cares?

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 2:07 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: