I've been wanting to use my bike more, but it's difficult because I don't have a way to transport Arthur. I've been trying to decide whether or not I wanted a seat that sits behind mine or if I wanted a trailer to pull behind the bike. I finally decided a trailer because I don't always feel like I'm completely stable on my bike.

I found a bike trailer on Craigslist two weeks ago and bought it. It's not in the best of conditions, but I think it will last for the next few years. It has quite a bit of storage space and it's pretty roomy inside, too.

We had to find a helmet small enough for Arthur and he was not pleased. He did not like wearing the helmet. Contrary to what all parenting books say, Robinson bribed him with a bike horn and told Arthur that he could only use it while he was in the bike trailer. That seemed to convince him that the helmet might be worth wearing after all.

A few days later we went to Pioneer Park by bike. I wanted to see how long it would take me to get there. It took me about a half hour to get to town and another half hour to get to the park. Arthur enjoyed the ride so much that he fell asleep on the way to the park and then again on the way to Robinson's office.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to take the bike out once a week, especially now that Arthur knows what to expect. It's great being able to have a little more freedom and be able to get into town if we really want to.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 9:19 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: