Aunt Joyce is coming to visit in about a month and a half and I am not ready. Well, I'm ready, but the house and yard are not. I'd like to have the place looking somewhat presentable when she comes. Joyce expressed an interest in helping me with yard work, but honestly, I'm a little afraid she'll walk into a patch of weeds and never come out.

Seriously, though, there's nothing like family to get you moving on all those projects you think you don't have time for.

Like, for instance, I've been thinking about building a bird feeder forever. This has been a project about two years in the making. I was tired of hanging milk jugs and mesh bags in my trees (don't get me wrong, I support recycling, but it looks like garbage hanging from the trees), so I decided that I would build an actual bird feeder.

We have tons of scrap wood that the previous owners left behind as well as exterior paint and shingles left over from the mudroom roofing project from last summer, so I figured I wouldn't have a problem with the supply end of the bird feeder. I came up with the design in my head and started to build.

The above picture is the end result. I think it looks great! It's pretty sturdy and looks so much better than the stuff hung in the trees.

This is the first big summertime project that I've finished. I've also got some tire planters I'm working on. Then there's getting gravel for the driveway and weeding. And the firepit. That's the really big project that will hopefully get done before the fall.

Most of all, I'm just happy to be out in the sunshine.


This entry was posted on 3:38 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: