This year Robinson and I agreed that we wanted an amazing garden. Our past gardens have been okay, provided that the moose didn't devour it first. Last year, my friend Seneca had an incredible garden. I was (quite literally) green with envy. It was practically a jungle growing in her backyard. Robinson started doing research about gardening and came up with this little gem of an idea:

Aren't these amazing? They look like real greenhouses...and all it took was a little PVC pipe and plastic! I can't really take credit for these, they were all Robinson's idea.

It's been such a fun experiment. The moose have been kept away and we've gotten kohlrabi much earlier than usual. I'm sure the extra watering has been helping, too.

Here's Arthur in one of the greenhouses. I think he thinks it's a fort or hideout of some kind. He loves being in it but hates getting out of it. He's not the only one - it's a challenge for the most coordinated of adults. Even I have to bend into various yoga positions in order to get out of the greenhouses.

The height of the summer is such a wonderful time, don't you think? I love the sheer laziness of it, thoughts of nothing to do, and having all the time in the world. It's romantic, the calm before the storm of autumn canning, berry picking, and fishing.

I'm really glad that Balin was born in March. He's just a ball of baby to carry around. It's so easy to pick him up and take a hike or play outside with the two boys. I wonder how he'll do when we go berry picking...

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 4:57 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: