My friend Seneca had her baby girl about a week ago. We made plans for Balin and I to come visit Saturday while the boys and Oldpa saw the new Winnie the Pooh movie. They dropped me off at Seneca's house.

But no one was there.

It wasn't surprising because she sent me an email saying that they were going on an outing, but hopefully would be back no later than 2pm. I sat on a folding chair, nursed Balin, and soaked in the silence.

It was glorious.

A younger me would have probably avoided the silence by breaking it. Now that I rarely get a moment to myself, I found the silence to be enlightening. I sat just feeling the flow of energy and life around me. The sun warmed my hair. The flowers' sweet perfume filled me with happy satisfaction. The light tinkle of the wind chimes gave me a smile.

Someday I will meditate frequently and soak up the silence. I am fully committed to making that happen.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 9:19 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: