Mom has a poem on her living room wall with all of our handprints on it. This picture captured the memory of making it and then seeing it hanging there, year after year. It's not really of a handprint, but I love it just the same.

The poem goes like this:

My Handprints
Sometimes I might upset you
Because I am so small

And always leave my fingerprints

On furniture and walls.


But everyday I grow a bit
And soon I'll be so tall

That all those little fingerprints

Will be so hard to recall.


So here's a special handprint

Just so that you can say

This is how my fingers looked

When I placed them here today.


Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 8:03 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: