This year Christmas was pretty amazing. I felt like I was having a second childhood watching Arthur open his gifts. It's really surprising how responsive Arthur was by Christmas. He was a lot more interested in his gifts than last year and even though it will be several years before he figures out the significance of Christmas, I think he's beginning to realize that today was a special day. Robinson and I got him a play kitchen since he's so excited about cooking (both real and pretend) and he played with it the entire day.

Among his other favorite gifts were some play pasta from his Auntie Blythe, a pizza set from his friend Jade, and a wooden container set from his Grandma.

Of course, we did have an upset boy on our hands when he realized that not all of the presents under the tree were his...

My family completely outdid themselves, like usual. Of course, this year it was a little later than usual. My mom had ordered a variety of different things from Figi's (which have yet to arrive) and my sisters both promised that our gifts would be coming soon. It's been a busy year for all of us.

Johnny came over for Christmas dinner, a rather traditional meal - ham and potatoes. He stayed for the afternoon and most of the evening and before I knew it, I had promised him a quilt, too (of course, not before I finish Robinson's Star Wars quilt).

So, really, it was a great Christmas. A quiet, nice Christmas.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 9:10 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: