This post (really and truly) has nothing to do with nude beaches. I've never been to a nude beach (although I have gone sunbathing in the nude...but that's a story for another time).

Arthur was going to have some of his friends over to play in his new pool, so I was getting him ready for some water fun. As I pulled his diaper off, he crawled away from me and knelt by his pool. I thought it was so cute that I snapped a picture of him. I'm thinking of getting it enlarged and putting it in the bathroom. For whatever reason, I've often thought that it's cute when people put pictures of their kids splashing in the tub or playing in water in their bathrooms. I can't explain it, but there's something oh-so-adorable about a kid playing in water.

Kids really are mesmerized by water, aren't they? They can make anything into a water toy (Arthur uses a metal basting bowl to scoop water out of his pool and onto the deck) and they enjoy watching the water move as they splash around in it. Watching him get such a big kick out of the water makes me wish that I could be that child-like again.

Water is one of the five elements and represents life and emotion. Everything on this planet needs water to survive. I am constantly reminded of this in the mornings and the evenings when Robinson and I water the garden. After a really hot day, the plants are so grateful to get a long, cold drink. You can almost see the difference right after you water them. The sun wilts the leaves, the plant droops, it suffers. Once that same plant gets a drink, it springs back to life, leaps up, refreshed. I can almost hear it say, "Ahhhhhh!" Now that there was a good rain and we have some water in our tank, I won't feel so guilty for not watering the garden as often as I should, especially since we've had such hot, dry weather lately.

Back to the playdate. Arthur had a great time with his friends Cedar and Jade. It was utter chaos, but what more could one expect with three one-year-olds? Water was everywhere. Toys were snatched from one baby and given to another. Pool water was drunk. Babies laughed. Swim diapers were constantly taken off and new ones were put on again. Chocolate cake was eaten. Sippy cups were shared.

It was a blast!




O! Drops of water

Sweet and clean
Rain down upon
My hair so sheen.

Kiss my face,
Bless my heart -
Always keep me
In love with Nature's art.

Blessed be.


This entry was posted on 8:03 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: