It's in the sixties today. The sun's out. There's a pleasant breeze. I swear the grass looks a bit greener than it did yesterday. The back door's wide open to let in the fresh air. I turned off the heat. The sun is warm on my face. The boys have been outside three times today. Spring seems to be here. 

I thought about writing about friendship and how awful of a friend I've been to so many, but I didn't want to make myself feel bad. It's a nice day, too nice for that. Maybe tomorrow, when it is supposed to rain.

Dad was able to get his second treatment yesterday. All of us breathed a little sigh of relief. Today's brighter because of it.

My sister texted me this afternoon. She wanted to know if I could find her a specific type of Girl Scout cookies. They don't sell them in Alaska; it's the wrong bakery. They don't sell them in Beloit, either, but they do sell them in Milwaukee, so it seems a little road trip is in our future. I'll admit it's a little silly to drive an hour just for Girl Scout cookies, but they'll be selling outside a Festival Foods. Grocery shopping, a necessary evil. It will be sixty and beautiful outside. You'll hear no complaints from me.

We were supposed to have pad thai tonight. I'm thinking tomorrow's meal - pasta salad - sounds better. Fresh lemon, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, mint. Cool, spring flavors. Save the heat for the rain. 

Sixty. Perfect. 


This entry was posted on 1:35 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: