My youngest sister, Becky, and her daughter, Molly, came to visit this week. Molly is about 5 months older than Arthur, so they are fairly close in age and play together pretty well. Molly's walking, so she's able to get to all sorts of places that Arthur can't (he's still crawling), but she's given him some incentive to keep practicing!

We had a BBQ Wednesday night, and putting the corn on the grill, I gave the kids the pot of water the corn had been soaking in.* They had a great time picking up rocks, putting them in the water, and "stirring" their "soup" with their sand toys. Okay, so Arthur did most of the stirring (he made Molly get the rocks), but Molly got her fair share of water play in later.


The two of them got such a big kick out of playing with the rocks and water that Becky and I snapped some pictures. Here they are putting the rocks in the water...As you can see, Arthur is the one stirring. He did, however, decide to share with his cousin later. Maybe it isn't so much sharing as "graciously allowing" her to partake in the water fun.


I love this picture of my baby. He has so much fun playing in the water. It makes me laugh out loud to see how much he enjoys himself. I don't think he minded that much that he had to share the water with his cousin. Well, maybe just a little bit.

I'm so glad Becky and Molly got to spend some time up here. The weather was just beautiful and the kids had a blast together. It will be nice when Arthur starts walking so that he can keep up with his cousin!

Blessed be.

* I mentioned soaking corn before grilling it. Just soak the corn (husks and all) in a pot of cold water for about a half hour before putting it on the grill. The water steams the corn and the husks won't burn! When the corn is done, simply shuck the corn (without completely removing the husks), and add your favorite toppings. I'm not sure where my husband got the idea, but it's a summertime favorite.


This entry was posted on 8:30 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: