Mother's Day was Sunday. My husband and Baby Boy made me breakfast (but not in bed...I got up to do some Yoga, which was great because my back's been killing me) and my gift was...drum roll please...some garden planters that we made the day before. Some of you out there may be scoffing, "Well, that's not much of a gift," but I love that we're expanding the garden this year. We've already got some starters hanging out in the mudroom until it gets warm enough to transplant them outside.

Now that I'm a mother, I'm finding that there's a really big learning curve. There are so many things I don't know about my son (and some things I'll probably never know). It gets easier with time, though. He's learning a lot from us though. He's starting to finally pick up some of the signs I've been teaching him, which is great. He made the sign for "milk" Sunday while we were in the grocery store to let us know he was thirsty. A doggie followed us home after our walk and he made the sign for "dog" and after we went inside the house, he crawled to the front door and made the sign for "more." He wanted to see more of the dog!

Anyway. Having a baby of my own has really given me a lot to be thankful for, especially toward my own dear old mom. She really tried to be there for me, including the days when I was a teenage terror. She often tells me stories about when I was a baby: that I loved to get out of my crib, that I could unbuckle my car seat, that I got into my father's prized possession - his stamps. She tells them rather fondly now, but everything I did probably really irritated her at the time. I don't always appreciate her like I should, and I am sorry for that. But, I do love her.

So, Mom, thanks for making me the person I am today. I couldn't have done it all without you.


This entry was posted on 9:08 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Mama Kelly said...

    Ah do I miss those baby days!! Blessings to you and your family!

    Mama Kelly
    2witches.com

  1. ... on May 13, 2009 at 5:18 PM