Well, I made it to Alaska without any major complications. (Yet.)

The flight from Chicago to Seattle was practically empty. (The airport, too! I'd never seen O'Hare so quiet.) I had an entire row to myself. I was able to even get a quick nap in. The flight from Seattle to Anchorage, however, was crowded. There must have been three other flights leaving around the same time as mine. Not having been around so many people for so long certainly has benefits - I haven't been sick in a long time. 

Now that I'm here, of course, I'm still a bit jet lagged and tired. I have a bit of a headache and sinus pressure which I hope is from getting adjusted, not from catching a killer virus on a crowded plane. I drank some throat coat, took a walk today and I won't stay up so late tonight (I have a feeling my face will end up in tonight's plate of spaghetti if I'm not careful). I'm keeping my distance from everyone else in the house. So far, so good.   

This morning, I made my sister breakfast and we started talking about food and the new leftovers show on Netflix. I love nutrition with a passion and am always looking for recipes to try or new foods to experiment with. Since the beginning of the year, I've made a concerted effort to eat more mindfully, working in more fruits and veggies and using whole wheat flour instead of white in my baked goods. My opinions about food have certainly changed since I was a kid.

It was a mistake - I know that now - but I told her about the use of beaver butt (really a secretion from a gland, but my husband and I joking call it "beaver butt") in raspberry flavored foods. My sister thought I was making fun of her and my nephew thought the whole situation was hilarious. She googled it and discovered (horror of horrors!) it was true. I am afraid we can no longer discuss the subject of food because I will certainly ruin another favorite of hers and she's been such a gracious host so far. It simply wouldn't be right. It only stands to reason we'll need a new topic of conversation, and fast. I have at least four more days here, stuck inside. 

Goodbye, Beaver Butt. Hello...?  



This entry was posted on 5:08 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: