The Yup'ik have a saying which is similar to "don't put off what you can do today tomorrow". My mental state has always been firmly planted in "it'll get done when it gets done" - until 2020. I'm beginning to see the value in doing a little bit here and a little bit there. Eventually, it all adds up.  

Now, Sundays are all about prep. Mental preparation for the week, grocery shopping and meal prep. Getting things done on Sunday is the only way I survive the week because if a meal isn't prepped then, I have to make it some other time. It's easier, far easier, to eke out an hour or two on Sunday. 

I've decided to bring some quilt scraps with me after all. Quilting Weekend was a success - I finished the 9-patch I started a couple weeks ago. I decided not to put the borders on yet; what if I find a beautiful backing fabric (on sale) at one of the many quilt stores in Anchorage? I would want something that coordinates. So that project will wait to be finished, really finished, until I get back. 




This entry was posted on 8:24 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: